Your health and safety is our number one priority at COTY 2021. As the Taxi, private hire and chauffeur sector moves forward, we are dedicated to delivering events and facilitating trade with health and safety at the top of the agenda.
Our mostly outdoor event, Car of the Year, will reopen in August in line with the latest government guidance.
- Reduced contact registration area – either pre-print your badge at home or access via your mobile phone
- Licence checking all online pre-event
- Event mostly outdoors – around 95% of the show is outdoors with ventilation and social distancing measures will be in place where necessary
- Face masks may be required on entry
- No handshake policy in place
- Contact-free sharing of business details – using technology to capture data
- Vehicles to be sanitised between drives – all vehicles will be electrostatically cleaned by iPurus
- Thorough, enhanced cleaning regime of all public areas – including toilets, information points and features
- Seating and meeting areas located outside and spaced out to maintain social distancing
- Hand sanitiser available onsite – on entry to show, at catering points and other higher-traffic areas
- Attendees asked to bring as little with them as possible – cloakroom facilities are not available
Awareness & Communication
The event website, social media and emails will supply you with up-to-date information regarding guidelines in place at the COTY.
Please ensure you register in advance. Also print your badge at home before attending COTY, or access your badge on your mobile phone – this is crucial, as we have introduced a reduced-contact registration area so there will be very limited opportunity to do this onsite.
You or your staff should not attend the event if you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms.
Cleaning & Personal Hygiene
Where possible, we ask that you carry your own hand sanitiser and apply when you enter and leave exhibitor stands and the judges hall. We will have a limited supply available on-site on entry to the show, at catering points and other high traffic areas.
In accordance with current UK regulations, it is compulsory to wear face masks within indoor UK exhibition and conference venues. Whilst most of our event is outdoors, we request you bring your own facemask and wear when entering the registration areas and for entry into the indoor structure or inside any exhibits. This guidance may change as we get closer to the event.
We have asked exhibitors to ensure a deeper clean of stands, exhibits and vehicles before, during and after the show opens each day; paying particular attention to high traffic touchpoints and consider visible cleaning logs.
Throughout the show site, we are conducting a thorough, enhanced, cleaning regime of all public areas to include toilets, information points and features prior to show opening and during show open periods.
We are implementing a no handshake policy. Please refrain from this or sharing business cards with one another.
Exhibitors are encouraged to used data capture devices, to ensure contact-free sharing of business details.
Social distancing measures should be followed for any meetings, product demonstrations, entertainment or stand hospitality.
Event and Venue Facilities
Car of the Year judging day takes place at a Epsom Racecourse, and we will be working closely with them and our suppliers to ensure it meets ‘venue standards’ for a covid safe event.
Any seating or meeting areas will be spaced out to maintain social distancing and be located outside where possible.
Cloakroom facilities are not available – we request you bring as little with you as possible.
Track and Trace
We are confident the measures that we, the venue and the exhibitors will be putting in place will make our event as safe as possible.
Please ensure you give accurate information throughout the registration process.
The relevant local authorities will contact you if there is a need to update you regarding track and trace.